Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Default Laminate Flooring in Bathroom

Klaus Werner wrote:

I am sure this has been discussed before but I can't find the messages

Anyway, trying to decide whether to put down tiles or laminate boards in
bathroom.
Bathroom suite is about a year old but we couldn't afford to have the
floor done as well.
Up to now we have lino which is quite tatty.

The subfloor is chipboard (pre new regs). For laminate flooring presumably
I need the
"vapour barrier" sheet. I see that all the stores offer laminate suitable
for bathrooms, slightly
more expensive. It's a small floor area, about 1.5 sqm so cutting around
the fittings will take
a bit of extra work. Anything else I need to think of?

Tiling the floor isn't a popular option (wife & kids .....).

Thanks for hints and advice.

Thanks,
Klaus

I really wouldn't use laminate boards in a bathroom.

One drop of water and they get lethally slippery.

The laminate tiles might be better, but if it were me I'd use vinyl.

Put the money towards a really good quality cushioned vinyl and it should
last for ages, feel warm and clean easily - and of course be waterproof.

Even paying the store's fitter to put it down doesn't cost much, compared to
the capital outlay on quality water resistant laminate.

Just my opinion.

Tim