Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine

Default Plugging a cast iron pipe

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 17:11:56 +0000, Gerd Busker
wrote:

In article , Steve Walker wrote:
Gerd Busker wrote:
Hi, I need to cut off a 6.3cm cast iron pipe & plug this. What's
the best way to do this?

Plug it for what reason? Cosmetic, or to prevent the escape of..... ?

It's an ex-drain for an ex-sink. Couldn't care less what it looks like as
long as it doesn't smell. Unfortunately it's too long so I'll have to cut it.

Can put on a PVC compression fitting, but wondering if there are other ways
to more permanently plug the end. This end will never be used again so the more
permanent the better.

Jam something like a tennis ball into the pipe to contain any cement
or liquid epoxy you can then fill the end with.

--
Frank Erskine