Posted to alt.home.repair
thehick

Default Bathfitter

"i think for what you get with bathfitter, it is worth it. the
week disruption (or more, depding on a contractor's dependability)
is a major factor. only one bathroom, no family in town,
toddler, etc. plus, 6 grand versus 12 for a full remodel."

I did use bathfitter for exactly those reasons. now that it's
over, i regret it. I paid $3000 cdn for the tub part. No other
work done in the bathroom. What you end up with is
some fiberglass/plastic stuck on the walls and a tub insert.

A new tub/shower costs about $1000. Faucets another $300.
So I paid $2000 for labour. Was supposed to be 1 day.
Didn't turn out that way due to poor workmanship on the
part of the installer. But let's leave that aside. What you get
is a cheap looking bathroom. OK. It won't leak and they've
done it fast. If you're rich, and can pay $7,000, you probably
won't be happy with the look. And if you're that rich
and can afford to throw away $7,000, you probably have
another bathroom in the house. Or you could remodel the
basement and add one and then do the main bathroom
nicely with tile or something.

This bathfitter company basically cheats people who don't know
much or have ZERO time to research. One factor that helps
them in gaining contracts is that the plumbing shops when they
quote a price are looking for the moon too. If you can do
the contracting yourself, a beautiful bathroom reno doesn't
cost half what the bidders want.
....thehick