Tenex

Default Laminate flooring or new floorboards?

in2minds wrote:
"I want to lay a laminate floor but wondered whether on aesthetic and
cost grounds it's better to lay new floorboards and sand/varnish.
Any opinions?" [..]

if the original boards are fecked replace them, why lay laminate if
you can have a real wood floor ?

This is in upstairs rooms so I thought that laminate with foam underlay
might be a little quieter than new boards?

we replaced old boards with a completely new PTG floor and it worked
out cheaper than laying laminate, looks and feels nicer too.

if you do go for real wood, don't buy sheds own make (B&Q, Homebase
etc.) varnish buy the quality stuff.

Les

Thanks for the tip.