Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Construction PM

Default RCA Projection TV Model # P52939 Repair

Hello,

I own a standard RCA projection TV model P52939, about 3 years old.
Recentley the screen would go black and then return to a normal picture
after about 5-10 seconds. As this happened, there was a clicking noise
inside the TV, as well as a hi pitched whining noise (same noise made
during initial power up of the TV).

After about 2 weeks, the colors on the screen seperated. I re-adjusted
them as best I could and the picture is now passable, but very warped
and still seperated at the edges.

I have done some research online and seem to believe it is the
convergence board based on what I have read. I am skilled enough with
electronics repair to attempt it, but want to be sure it is in fact the
convergence board before I go ahead and order the parts to fix it.

Any comments / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.