Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman

Default Quick release for bandsaw blade tension

On 4 Feb 2006 19:31:51 -0800, wrote:

In the last few months (maybe 6) I read an article on a shop made
lever/arm affair that a fellow had made to replace the knob on his
bandsaw tensioning system. It was a quick release and tensioning lever
that was mounted to the top of his bandsaw so that the blade's tension
could be released when not in use. I thought the article was in
Finewoodworking or Woodsmith, but I was unable to find the article in
the indexes.
This is my first post and I do enjoy the group's postings, except the
war deaths. I don't mind an opinion, but this is not the place.
If anyone can guide me to the article it would be much appreciated.
Jim

I made a wooden crank (from pallet wood) that fits over the existing
knob of my Delta 14" bandsaw. The crack is secured with a metal plate
and three screws. To install it I had to remove the tensioning knob
and rod, but made no modifications to the bandsaw. I can post a
couple pics in the bin group if you wish.