Posted to rec.woodworking
Gerald Ross

Default Quick release for bandsaw blade tension

wrote:
In the last few months (maybe 6) I read an article on a shop made
lever/arm affair that a fellow had made to replace the knob on his
bandsaw tensioning system. It was a quick release and tensioning lever
that was mounted to the top of his bandsaw so that the blade's tension
could be released when not in use. I thought the article was in
Finewoodworking or Woodsmith, but I was unable to find the article in
the indexes.
This is my first post and I do enjoy the group's postings, except the
war deaths. I don't mind an opinion, but this is not the place.
If anyone can guide me to the article it would be much appreciated.
Jim

Agreed. I made a crank for mine, instead of a knob. That is quick enough
for me.
3 or 4 quick turns does it.
--
Gerald Ross