Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Philion

Default Shopping for a mill/drill or something slightly larger...

AL wrote:
Given the choice, I would get a square column mill/drill. You might want to
consider this one, now being imported by various resellers (Grizzly, etc.):

http://www.lathemaster.com/SIEG%20X3...%20MACHINE.htm

It is bigger than those minimills that HF, Grizzly, Homier, Micromark, etc.
sell, but smaller than a typical mill/drill.

Also, various resellers (eg. Wholesale Tool) import this square column
mill/drill:

http://www.lathemaster.com/HEAVYDUTY...E%207045FG.htm

Make sure to get one with an R8 spindle and then you can use Bridgeport
style tooling, easily found on ebay and the usual suppliers (MSC, Enco, J&L,
McMaster-Carr, Penn Tool, etc.) at very modest prices. You'll easily be
able to find used US made tooling and new imported tooling at very
reasonable prices.

I think there are only 1 or 2 companies that make full sized Mill drills
everyone else imports them.

Link number 2 is a rong fu RF-40 rebadged

I've been looking at mill Drills too and what i've found is that the OEM
for most of the importers seems ot eb a company called RONG FU

the 2 most commonly seen belt drive mill/drills are the RF-25 and RF-31
and the geared head one like the one above in the lathemaster catalog is
the RF40 and the JFC-45 is its bigger brother (Large square column)

and from the RF website

Except the main manufacturing business, we also buy and export all kinds
of machines tools for customers. You are most welcome to ring us for
more details. The products will cover METAL WORKING, WOOD WORKING
machinery and devices, such as Milling Machine, Drill Presses, Lathe,
Grinders, Tools, etc... Please contact our agent for more information
"

Up here in canada that would eb the source of the busybee Craftex
products as a full line or King Canada

they get bought by RF then retouched to busybees name and cosmetics then
shipped over

As an example

http://www.kingcanada.com/Products.htm?CD=36

look towards the bottom king even kept the "Numbers" of the equivalent
Rongfu mill