Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ

Default Briggs & Stratton 120000 vs 130000 engine

The Intek engine series is the one that Briggs reccomends for their
racing program. The label may refer to some class racing restrictions.
We use the 10 hp hp version (well, actually 9.3hp on the dyno) for the
Mini Baja competition.
http://students.sae.org/competitions...st/2004pix.htm

Terry wrote:
Not quite sure which newsgroup to post this in, but since I am building
a mini chopper, I thought this would be appropriate.

I just purchased a 6.5hp Briggs motor, model# 121332 from harbor
freight . It is a single cylinder OHV engine. The first thing I
noticed is a big note right on the box that said "For go carts, use
only model # 136200". Here is the link to the engine:

I downloaded the manual for this 130000 series model, and it is quite a
bit different. The 130000 sereis is a single cylinder L head engine.
The cylinder sits straight up and down, vs the 120000 model where the
cylinder sites at about a 45 degree angle from the base.

Does anyone know why B&S recommends to only use this136200 model for go
carts?

I don't see any problem with using the 120000 model engine I purchased,
but I just want to make sure before I fire it up and start taking it
apart to fit it into my chopper.

Thanks for any info.