Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Default laminate floor - lubricating oil ?

wrote:

I'm fitting some tile effect laminate, and it's being particularly
stubborn when hammering the short ends in. I'm sure I read a message on
this group about some sort of oil or lubricating fluid that you can get
to ease the friction in the long edges, which is presumably what is
causing it to be to difficult. Any idea what lubrication would be
suitable ?
Thanks,
Simon.

Never had any trouble with Pergo long strip click laminate - I was however
careful to hoover out the joints just before they were closed up - doesn't
take much crud to make it difficult.

Not sure what lubricant to use - you want something that's going to
evaporate out - otherwise there will be a tendency for the joints to come
apart again. Perhaps washing up liquid?

Tim