Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
William McNicol

Default Totally OT - Motorhome holidays

John wrote:
SWMBO likes the idea of touring Canada next year (2007) in a motorhome, with
our 2 kids who will be 5 & 7 then. Has anybody here ever done it and if so
could you point me in the direction of some information. I have 'Googled'
but this seems to bring up web sites selling holidays. I am after something
like a forum giving advice and peoples experiences etc.

Sorry to be OT but I cannot seem to find a relevant newsgroup on my server.

Cheers

John

Watch for limitations in the terms & conditions. We flew in to Vancouver a few years back with a camper prebooked through our UK
travel agent. "Go where you please, the highways and byways of Canada are yours to explore." said the litterature in the UK. "You
can't go north of some place whose name I have forgotten." said the clerk when we went to pick the camper up. We didn't take the
camper, although we had already paid for it and just took boats up to Skagway and hired cars and pick up trucks as needed. The
distances can be vast (we went up to Dawson City and back down through Alaska). If you are camping, watch out for bear and
mosquitoes - having been attacked by the mosquitoes, I would probably prefer to be attacked by a bear next time...

(Got camper hire refunded + compensation once back in UK after some hassle.)

Have fun,

William.