Posted to sci.electronics.repair
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Default High power wireless intercom

Nope; read the FCC CFR47 Part 95 rules. GMRS requires a $75 license and
is specifically for personal use of higher power, wide band equipment.
Unless grandfathered, there should be no commercial useage. In fact, for
two stations to call each other they must each have a license or belong
to same family or each to a family holding a license. The definition of
family is pretty wide, so if you have a cousin with a license you may
operate under his umbrella. On the other hand the way the FRS rules are
written is subject to interpretation. That is why you might see Walmart
folks using FRS radios, and I doubt the FCC could do much. The fact that
the frequencies overlap adds another dimension.

Dale Farmer wrote:

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:

GMRS is not legal for commercial useage. In fact the trucker would
have to have a license! There are some long range wireless intercoms
made. Check some home automation websites. They are for people with
long driveways and similar requirement.

FRS is the non-commercial one. GMRS is commercially licensable,
unless the FCC changed the rules again on me. GMRS and FRS do have
some frequencies in common, so they can talk to each other.
Of course, if the OP is not in the USA, then this doesn't apply.

--Dale

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©