Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser

Default Sears Microwave stopped Cooking

James Sweet writes:

GT wrote:
I checked the mag & it's ohm reading is within the correct limits, do
you think it could still be bad?
GT

Magnetron failures are quite rare, I've never actually encountered one.

Much more likely there's a bad connection in the controller that
switches power to the transformer, or a bad capacitor or diode.

Or even a bad connection at the magnetron filament terminals.