Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

Default fix remote?

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message
news:Ip6Ff.429843$2k.32784@pd7tw1no...

Seafarer wrote:
On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 03:20:41 -0500, "Chas12"
wrote:

Hi, we have a 19" Panasonic tv, only a few years old, and it's remote
doesn't work. I wrote to the company, and they told me to remove all the
batteries, push every button to 'reset' the remote and try it again.
Nothing changed. Anyone have any advice? AND if I need to buy a new
remote, any recommendations?
Thanks,
Chas

You have to se if a signal is been transmitted.Buy an infa-red sensor
they are cheap and you will see if a signal is coming out of the
remote.
If it's not and the batterires are new,clean the terminal contacts,if
nothing ditch it,remotes are cheap,even a univeral one will get the
job done.

Hi...

Save you the price and trouble of buying an infra red detector if
you (or a friend) happens to have a digital camera

Just hold the remote control pointed at the camera, press one of
the buttons, and you'll clearly see the effect on the camera's
lcd screen.

Take care.

Ken

Why does no one read the whole thread ???

Arfa