Koz

Default O.T.: Patriot Act II / Library Surveilance

You are correct Mr. Gunner. I personally hate it when people do just
what I did and post without cites. Unfortunately I am bizzy as hell for
the next week or so and don't have time for searching.

I have to stop getting taken in by these kinds of threads. I tend to
throw stuff out in response exactly when I don't have the time to do it
right. I'm going to make an effort not to jump on these things any
more. This is a metalworking newsgroup and I'll try to stay on topic.
I throw this out because we all seem to get sucked into this VERY off
topic stuff (because it's more fun). Maybe if all of us kept the
majority of the off topic political stuff elsewhere, there wouldn't be
so much back biting here.

With regards to comments, I find it interesting that people want all or
nothing cites to comments. If there is evidence that bush lied, they
seem to want irrefutable evidence rather than a preponderence of
evidence pointing to the fact. This goes for both sides of the
arguements. The problem with politics is that lies are based on truth.
This always gives an out. Whether one accepts that "out" seems to
depend on their politics. (remember people saying Clinton didn't lie
because oral sex didn't count as real sex?).

I must also say, Mr Gunner, that I have begun to like you even though
our politics differ greatly. you have always answered me in a civil
manner with proper defense of your viewpoint (and I am guilty of doing
the opposite). There are the Rush Limbaugh's of the world who spout
unsupported crap and have arguementative fallacies littered throughout
their statements. There are also the G Gordon Liddy's of the world that
at least use proper arguementation with supporting evidence. I may
disagree with the view, but I have to respect the ones that argue their
point properly.

Wish I could take the time to cite news reports on the statements I said
but I aint even got the time to type this right now.

Koz

Gunner wrote:

Ah Koz..thats not how it works. When asked for cites..broad sweeping
generalities are not considered valid, and telling others to look them
up themselves indicates you are either terminally lazy, unable to
furnish cites, or simply clueless. Which are you?

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third
hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're
around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right
before demode` (out of fashion).
-Buddy Jordan 2001