Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

Default auto-darkening helmet question

I got one last year as a gift, it has worked fine for the use I give it, but
thats about once a month. Its real nice having the autodarkening helmet.
"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"Mickey Feldman" And if they are really comparable to sliced bread, is
there a favorite model?
There have been two schools of thought on this:
1.) If you value your eyes, you will not buy a cheap helmet.
2.) The cheap helmets do the job, and they're a better bargain than the
costly ones.

I use a helmet from Harbor Freight that goes on sale frequently to $49.95.
There has been a shift among those posting here, and in
sci.engr.joining.welding. The acceptance of these cheap helmets seems to
be growing.