Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nigel Eaton

Default A little something for the Brainiacs...

In article , Carla Fong
writes
Leo Lichtman wrote:
"DoN. Nichols" wrote: Neat -- but I prefer having a real one in my hands.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Me too. I collect sliderules, but mine are not as funny as this.

What's really fun with a slide rule nowadays is demonstrating one to a
youngster who only knows 'calculator math'. They think it's some sort
of 'black magic'.

Can I just piggyback on this thread to (hopefully) answer a question?

I've got a slide rule that I acquired many years ago. It's a bit odd,
though (I think).

It has scales marked in KW, HP and Amps. It also has one scale with a
marking at the end "10Yd.10000 circ. mil.". It's marked "Made in
Bavaria"

Ring any bells with anyone?

--
Nigel

When the only tools you have are a Bridgeport, a CNC Taig Mill, a Colchester
and assorted other stuff, every problem looks like a steam engine.