Posted to uk.d-i-y
JoeJoe

Default Bathrooms

"Dave" wrote in message
My wife and I are doing the rounds viewing baths, wash hand basins and
toilet pedestals. Now I know you get what you pay for, but what is the
bottom line like? i.e. How good is a Focus 'Bay' suite? It costs £189-00
to take away. It consists of plastic bath, porcelain wash hand basin and
toilet with close coupled tank. No taps or other fittings.

If I know what this bottom line means, I can understand much better what
the more expensive/better items will be like.

TIA

Dave

Just fitted one of those - it does include two sets of taps (cheap and nasty
ones).

The toilet and sink are absolutely fine. If you don't like the design then
fair enough, but they are definitely not 5 times worst than a designer set.
The bath is on the shallow side. I may be wrong here, but it seem to be
made of thicker material than the similar one that I bought from them a
couple of years ago. In general the bath is also absolutely fine.