Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken G.

Default lcd or plasma

I would stay away from projection sets .
My choice for the money in a flat panel wall mount set would be LCD . I
have seen and handled both at work .

Plasma is nice but the things weigh a ton .
LCD is much lighter to hang up . As for funny little effects you see on
flat panel tv sets once you have one for a couple months you stop
noticing that . You dont really want to sit 2 feet from a big flat
screen .

The only reason i can come up with for having a flat set is .. they are
just cool and save space and can go up on a wall .
The biger 36 inch glass tube tv sets ar so big and heavy you need ver
well made furniture to hold them and if you ever need to move it to hook
up stuff its a real pain .

I suggest you look for a flat tv set from a discound outfit , return
salvage store ( i work at one ) you can save as much as half on
something with a minor damaged plastic case . My 37 inch sharp has a
cracked corner which i just glued . Half of retail and it was new in box
..