Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington

Default Looking for heating element for electric furnace...

The staples were just like standard U staples but made from the Kanthal
wire. The staples overall were about 1" long and 3/8" wide and push into
IFB fairly easily.

me2 wrote:

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 18:44:25 +0000, David Billington wrote:

every few
inches the element was pinned using Kanthal wire staples to hold it in
place.

Tell me more about these staples.

I'm beginning to think I am going to build a new furnace chamber to use
open Kanthal wire elements.

I'd like to cast a new furnace body using the home made pearlite castable
refractory. I'd make the inner cavity mold with cardboard and maybe use
some small rubber tubing to make the grooves for the wires. I'm just
worried about the wires falling out of the grooves. Maybe these staples
would be the ticket to keep them in.