larry g

Default Domestic bench mills?

Benchmaster is one brand that is table top, Rusnock is another. Rusnock is
currently available new but Benchmaster is out of business. Gunner has that
Index 40 for sale. It is 2/3 the size of a Bridgeport and a very stout
mill, I have one and you can see pictures of it in the dropbox under "Index
mill".
lg
no neat sig line
"J. Eric Townsend" wrote in message

I don't have room for a full-size mill, so I'm looking for something
that can go on a benchtop or cabinet.

There seem to be plenty of modern, import mills and mill/drills that'd
do what I need (the Rong Fu RF-40 or RF-45 would fit the bill). On
the other hand, I learned a lot setting up (and fixing up) my 1930s
Atlas lathe, so I'd be just as happy to buy a decent used domestic
machine.

In my brief bit of looking around this week, I don't see much evidence
that such a thing exists on the west coast. Are bench mills and
mill/drills a relatively recent invention?

--
J. Eric Townsend
buy stuff, damnit: http://www.total****ingarmageddon.com/Store