Posted to alt.home.repair
twfsa

Default Heat pump adjustment

The notice was to owners with heat pumps with n/gas back up.

Tom

"Bob" wrote in message
The notice you received was intended for owners of heat pumps with backup
electric resistance heat. With that type, it usually costs more to warm
the
house back up in the morning than a person saved the previous night.

"twfsa" wrote in message
I have had a heat pump (16 seer) 3 years now, and am very satified with
winter utility cost, I live in the midwest and the winters can be brutal.

have the outside thermostate on the unit set to operate down to 17 degs.

So far this winter the elecrtic bill has been no higher than $75, the

n/gas
bill $68. Maybe $5-$10 in past years higher.

I have a set back thermostate, set back to 67 at night, 69 during the
day
and 73 in the evening till 10:00 PM.

I received a notice from the electric utility to set it and forget it to
save more $$$.

My house is a ranch, 12 yrs old, 2K sq ft.

Whats your opinion?

Thanks
Tom