Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS

Default Be sure to backprime your exterior trim

On 4 Feb 2006 07:11:05 -0800, "Churchill"
wrote:

Calling me "clueless" or my suggestion "stupid" does little to
elucidate the merits of the original assertion. If you have a better
source that denigrates backpriming, other than your conjecture, I'd
love to learn from it.

The Landmark Society of Western New York is the Rochester region's
historic preservation organization. They advocate the following:

"Backprime new [porch] decking..."

"Backprime all [column] base parts and end grain cuts..."

"Backprime all replacement boards..."

Source:
http://landmarksociety.org/section.h...uid=1&pageId=8

Agreed. Ransley, sometimes newer approaches work better than
traditional approaches, and backpriming certainly doesn't hurt, albeit
it costs a little more and takes a little more time. Backpriming is a
conservative way of preservation.