Posted to alt.home.repair
Chuck

Default signal when someone is in the little back yard?

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:21:47 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:30:50 GMT, Norminn
wrote:

mm wrote:

Any good ideas on how to signal the person inside when someone comes
into their backyard? It has a 3 1/2 foot fence around it, with gate
that latches or can be locked with a padlock.

I have a townhouse and the people next door want to build a six-foot
fence around their back yard, so their 4 year old daughter can play
alone or with her sister in the backyard.

Gee, I'd be inclined to let the person watch their kid, rather than use
the sister for babysitting. Too busy to watch? Six foot fence? You
stated some good reasons for not going along with the plan. Wonder what
they think a six-foot fence will do when someone wants at their kid?

I agree with you. And her sister's only 7! And the mothers I know
say they shouldn't be left alone even with a fence.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

I haven't kept up with the entire thread so it may have been
mentioned..
How about a motion sensor from security type light wired to a buzzer..
aimed at your side of her fence? or where you pass between the two
houses?
Chuck (in SC)