Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

Default Heat pump adjustment

"twfsa" wrote in message
news:xA2Ff.37395$bF.15209@dukeread07...
I have had a heat pump (16 seer) 3 years now, and am very satified with
winter utility cost, I live in the midwest and the winters can be brutal. I
have the outside thermostate on the unit set to operate down to 17 degs.

So far this winter the elecrtic bill has been no higher than $75, the
n/gas bill $68. Maybe $5-$10 in past years higher.

I have a set back thermostate, set back to 67 at night, 69 during the day
and 73 in the evening till 10:00 PM.

I received a notice from the electric utility to set it and forget it to
save more $$$.

My house is a ranch, 12 yrs old, 2K sq ft.

Whats your opinion?

No offense, but opinion on what? You made a bunch of statements. My opinion
is that you are bragging and not really asking a question.

;-]