Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Here are the pics I promised. Range hood install in small deli.

Thanks to RicodJour for the post. He said this:
Your posts are a little difficult to read as your style of quoting is a

bit unusual. Anything you can do about that?

I don't see how you could run between the two
building without a hell of a lot of trouble. Running inside almost to
the roof and then popping out the side wall was suggested - might work,

but it's a crap shoot unless you know how all of the framing runs and
are prepared to open ceilings more than a straight vertical shot would
probably require.

Creating a leakproof roof opening for the exhaust vent is not
particularly difficult if approached correctly. You need to nail down
exactly what type of roofing is up there, but the general idea is to
build a curb and flash that, then have the vent poke out of the top of
the curb. You also need to make sure you're not creating a problem
with the existing roof drainage - blocking a channel, so to speak.

I'm still waiting for those pictures of the damn fine women. It's
strictly professional interest - I want to make sure they're built
right.
---------------------------------------
My reply: Sure am sorry if my post is hard to read. I am trying to
clear and for sure I would be in trouble if I don't provide the quote
of the person I am responding to. I have been responding to each point
individually with the quote above the response but since you are having
trouble I will try somthing else. How about I give all of the
relevant quotes at the top of the post and then just give my entire
reply at the bottom? I guess that's the way most people do it.

I think you are right to say that popping out the side wall is a crap
shoot. I will know the framing runs since I expect that I will have
to open up the wall enough to add blocking to the wall studs for the
purpose of mounting the hood. I think the problem is that there may
not be enough room between the two building to finish the run. From
what I can tell from the ground, it is questionable. I am planning to
go up on the roof for a closer look and will make another post when I
do.

As far as the women of the co-op are concerning, I don't know them well
enough to ask for a pic and would be unlikely to post their pics if I
had them. I am afraid I would come off as a little creepy if I do. My
policy is not to impose on people unneccesarily, man or women. I am
determined to treat the women folk with respect in an environment where
they are stalked and abused on a daily basis. The fairer sex don't
even feel like they can even go out after dark by themselves and that
stinks. These women are way hot, this I can tell you. Your comments
are humourous though. There are plenty of sites that have pics of
women as I am sure you are aware. Let me know if you need a
reccomendation.

I hope this style of posting has been more clear. Please let me know
and thanks again.

Lawrence