Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lyndell Thompson

Default Ping Mac Davis ! Shopsmith arbor diameterG.

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
mac davis wrote:

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 03:43:12 GMT, "Lyndell Thompson"
wrote:

Bill, maybe next time I get a vacation I will load it up and bring it
you. It's only a couple of thousand miles. G
Lyndell

I was thinking about that today... lol
I happened across the shopsmith adapter for the Talon chuck.. thought
that if Bill had any plans for heading north a bit I might meet him
half way.. I think we're within a few hundred miles..

I may have pointed this out before, but Wooden Post has an adaptor for the
Shopsmith. 5/8" to 1" X 8. Made in China (sigh). I have one and it is a
good fit.

http://www.woodenpost.com/products/lathe_accessories.htm

Hello,

I started to go this route and thought well I could save shipping and get it
all at one place. I had no idea the can of worms we opened up by trying to
save a few dollars shippingG. I want you to know that your comments are
very appreciatied. I guess Bill and I want to do things the most complex way
possible. I think Bill would eventually like to sell a few of these. We have
it working but are trying to perfect this thing. I bookmarked the website
for future reference.
Thanks again Lyndell