Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Lusardi

Default Looking for heating element for electric furnace...

Look for resistance wire by the spool and wind your own. Use caution here
because not all wire is equal. Try to find life expectancy at 1500 C spec
and compare.
Steve

"me2" wrote in message
news
We have a Barnstead electric bench top furnace. It uses a 1050 watt
heating element that measures 4 x 12 x 3/8 inches. The furnace goes to
1100 Celcius.

The element burnt out. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement
element without getting it from Barnstead ? Their prices are very high.

Having seen how this furnace is put together, I will probably build my
next furnace rather than buy one...