Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Keith Willcocks

Default Totally OT - Motorhome holidays

"John" wrote in message
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
John wrote:
SWMBO likes the idea of touring Canada next year (2007) in a
motorhome, with our 2 kids who will be 5 & 7 then.

Where are you going?

Probably the Calgary area we fancy going to the Calgary Stampede
http://cs.calgarystampede.com/, and the boys are cowboy crazy. Who knows
where after that, we are just starting to think about it really.

After Calgary it is a comfortable trip into the Rockies to Banff and from
there you can run up the Columbia Icefield Parkway to do Lake Louise and
Moraine Lake (the picture on the Canadian $20 bill), further up you can take
a snowmobile trip on the Athabasca Glacier and about 120 miles from Banff
you come to Jasper where it is worth stopping for a few days to see places
like Johnson Canyon and Maligne Lake with Spirit Island. Can't help with
the Camper van info though as we did it all by train and car. Wonderful
place though.
--
Keith Willcocks