rocco428 rocco428 is offline
Junior Member

Does anyone have a schematics of the TOSHIBA TP50F60. I need to know which board to remove and exactly which resistor needs replacing. Thanks for the heads up.

Also, if I want to measure voltage what section of the board should I start? and if I want to over-ride the auto shutdown feature, which chip(s) should I remove?

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Agreed, there are lots of things that will put the set into protect
shutdown.

That being said, the symptom is typical of a somewhat common failure on
the stand up board that has a high value, 82K I think, 1/8 watt
resistor that is on the 200LVP, 200V low protect, that commonly will
increase in value and cause intermittent shutdown. It has been a very
long time since anyone has wanted to spend the money on fixing one of
those old beasts, good set though as long as the tubes were not
overdriven.

Any good technician will be able to repair this issue with the above
information and possibly a schematic if needed. Most of Toshiba's sets
from that era had the connector pins labeled.