Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Al

Default Single phase vs. three phase air conditioning

"SQLit" wrote in message

"Big Al" wrote in message
I have a house with both single and three phase electric. I'm thinking

of
adding air conditioning. Pros and cons of three phase?? It's a small

house,
two tons should be enough.

Al

Let your contractor choose what is best after doing the manual

calculations.
What voltage is the service?
Are you saying on a small house you have 2 services?
Check with your utility for rebates and deals offered. Mine has deals all

of
the time.

I am unaware of any 3 phase units that small. The smallest I have ever

seen
is 3 tons. No over is not a good idea.

The three phase is 200 Amp, 240 volt. I didn't look at the single phase to
see what current it is. Two separate meters, and two separate services but
billed on one account. I'm the only house with three phase power in the
neighborhood. That can't be good

Al