Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Bandsaw Blade Breakage

Hi Erroll
My suspicion is first 3/8 wide blades are probably to narrow for what
you are sawing, I would also set my back of the blade closer to the
guide, like just from not rubbing to just touching, however I doubt
that that is the mayor cause of breaking, pushing and twisting a to
narrow blade is what I would suspect as the mayor reason.
Do you have blades with a extra wide set, assuming you are sawing wet
wood also, because a wider set blade would have less friction and heat
build up and the kerf being wider would also help in less twisting of
the blade when maneuvering the wood around.
Just my look at it, there might be some other thought on this.

http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum25.html

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo