Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Blanchard

Default OT - Oh, You Mean THOSE Weapons Of Mass Destruction

Keith Williams wrote:

How about showing the average income for each of your tax categories?

How about effective tax rate by income? (2001 data is the most
recent I could find)

Earning Effective
Percentile Tax Rate
99 - 100% 24.1%
95 - 100% 20.8%
90 - 100% 18.7%
80 - 100% 16.3%
60 - 80% 7.2%
40 - 60% 3.8%
20 - 40% .3%
0 - 20% -5.6%

That's a start, but the figures for 80, 90, and 95 include the higher
brackets. Could you attribute the numbers?

I have to wonder if that's federal income tax only, since by the time
you figure in sales taxes, state taxes, I have trouble believing anyone
has a negative tax rate :-).

And the income figures would still be nice since below a certain income,
no income tax is assessed, thus skewing the figures. For example a
couple with two children and an income of $30,000 probably would pay
little if any FIT.

--
It's turtles, all the way down