Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

Default Drawbar speed handle for Bridgeport milling machine

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 15:59:26 -0600, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Eric R Snow writes:

There are many times when it needs to
be way tighter than I could possibly get it with a 2.5 inch knurled
grip.

Needed to grip a tool, or seat the taper, or what?

Anyone know what torque the power drawbar add-ons apply?

Like when taking a heavy cut with a long endmill. E.G. a 3/4 inch dia.
endmill, 3 inch flute length, high spiral, with 2.5 inches of flute
facing a titanium part. Or, 1/2 inch high spiral endmill hogging
aluminum. Both situations will tend to pull the cutter out. I don't
always reef on the drawbar, but it's been tightened pretty tight a lot
in the last 25 years.
ERS