Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT

Default Gasoline Storage

George E. Cawthon wrote:
You mean the U.S. Department of Transportation? or the state department
of transportation?

Certainly the U.S. department has no jurisdiction to regulate boat
trailers or what you haul in the boat on a trailer. (think interstate
transportation). The state does have regulations on trailers, most
individuals probably have no idea what may be prohibited from being
hauled or the conditions required and couldn't care less. I have my
doubts that the state patrol has any idea either and would stop a
trailer only if it is swaying. They wouldn't pay any attention to a
barrel.

Li wrote:

You would also have to make sure the barrel was placarded or labeled.
The
DOT has rules about anything like pulled over the road.

Bad advise for Maryland. Our state police are very well trained in the
recognition of illegal hazardous materials transports. The US DOT rules
are enforceable on intrastate shipment because it is simply impractical
to tell intrastate from interstate in actual practice. If the Maryland
State police can see that barrel you will be stopped. The regularly
stop camping and travel trailers for using over sized propane tanks.
Such training and enforcement efforts have received a lot of command
attention since 2001/9/11.
--
Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to.
We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.