Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Default OT - Daschle's Diner

dnoyeB wrote:

I think he was indeed lucky to be able to have his hard work be so
fruitful.

His labor being fruitful had more to do with luck.

Who has a better chance of making a fortune... a hard working hourly
punch press operator or a hard working real estate developer? Seems to
me "luck" has very little to do with it. There are other factors that
have MUCH more influence over whether someone makes their fortune in
this world.

There are plenty small business owners that work very
hard and it has paid off.

Absolutely. The opportunity is there for anyone with the guts and
perseverance to do it.

But they don't work harder than the
people they employ.

I'd say that's complete nonsense, but I suppose that depends on your
definition of "work".

They wouldn't stand for it.

You lost me here. Who exactly wouldn't stand for what exactly?

Joe Barta