Posted to alt.home.repair
John Hines

Default Single phase vs. three phase air conditioning

"Big Al" wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
Good point. I just looked at the Rheem/Ruud specs and 3 tons is the

smallest
with 3 Phase. When you get into higher SEERs, there's nothing 3 Phase.

"Stretch" wrote in message
oups.com...
Al, I doubt you will find many 2-ton Three phase units available. Most
three phase units are 3 ton & up. Go single phase.

Stretch

I found a two and a two and a half ton. What about operating costs? Is three
phase more efficient or less expensive to run? My three phase is one cent a
KW more than single phase.

Not enough to offset that over the life of the unit.