Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K

Default Satellite dish - silicone?

BP wrote:
"dnoyeB" wrote in message
silicone spray has no effect on signal strength at all

I'm not concerned about signal strength, I'm concerned about the notion
that silicon is somehow a snow repellent!?

No No No.
It keeps the snow and ice from sticking. Makes it slide out sooner when it
warms up.
I spray the chute of my snowblower with WD-40 before I use it if the snow is
wet and heavy. It keeps it from clogging up the chute. It works.

Thanks. Somehow I had never thought of that and the past few years it
seems like wet snow is all we get. Have only used it once this winter
and really didn't need to then here in SE WA

Harry K