Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Al

Default 1929 gasoline powered Maytag washing machine..

wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:14:44 GMT, wrote:

I remember those types of washers in the 1950's. I actually have an

engine from one that has a
pedal start. I just need to get another ignition coil for it but that

coil is extremely hard to come by.
I'm a Tech so maybe I'll actually try to get it running some day.

Mech_Tech

Marine/Motorcycle

You better make that "some day" real soon. At the rate we're going
either there wont be any more gas, or you'll be paying up the ass for
it.

Why cant you use a regular automotive coil? They all do about the
same thing, and a homemade bracket should not be hard to make. I have
never seen one of these engines so there may be some special
something...

Mark

I have a two cylinder Maytag engine and a friend of mine also has one

Al