Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik

Default Tektronix 465B Focus Problem

wrote in
ups.com:

The traces on my 465B scope are bright but a bit out of focus...I have
heard of resistor problems in the focus control voltage divider in
other models that have caused this same problem. I checked the CRT
schematic and noticed the resistors in question are in a resistor
network of 4 resistors.

Any thoughts on this would be helpful.
Thanks
Mike Miller
Kansas City

The thick-film resistor could be out of spec,or you could also have
astigmatism problem,or noise in the power supplies.
First,check the cathode V (-2960,IIRC)to see that it's in spec.Part of the
thickfilm network is the HV divider that sets the right voltage,part is the
focus network.(doublesided thickfilm)

465B was not known for a really sharp trace-it has a mesh lens at the end
of the electron gun structure.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik