Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

Default shielding rca/component video

As it stands with my initial design, component, audio, composite, svideo,
and digital between 2 boxes would cost $100 after labor, connectors, etc.
To build it properly would cost a lot more, it seems.

Assuming you mean "Belden", a well regarded maker of
wire and cable.

Haven't been getting much sleep...

That would be great for the audio lines.
I wouldn't use it for video if I had a choice of proper
coaxial cable (whether 75-ohm or some other impedance
which doesn't really matter for short pieces).

...the scope of the questions you are asking.

Evidentally.

thicker skin and
get a pair of asbestos undershorts if you intend to hang
around some of these newsgroups very much. ;-)

Donned.

What kind of gear was implied when I asked about
specific signal types: Component video, Composite,
Svideo, and audio -10,+4.

If we can assume from your mention of component video
that you have high-end video equipment (as contrasted with
a cheapo 12" TV set)...

I was basing my design on connectors available on the back of sony's new
$2000 hifi receiver.

high price only enriches the people selling the premium
cables and they do nothing discernable for your audio or
video.

No monster then, hosa is fine?
I'm too weak to use monster's toothed RCAs anyways.

If you object

I withdraw my objection. Thanks for your patience.

The websites I've seen are selling twisted pair double
shielded DB25M-DB25M cables.

That cable *might* even be OK for audio, although the lack
of shielding between the twisted pairs may give you more
crosstalk than you would like.

That was one of my concerns - what does double shielded mean? I was hoping
the pairs were shielded, then the whole was shielded. Evidentally not.

...weaving...

sounds pretty, but it's not a component you can just 'install'.

NOW I see why the product I'm looking for isn't available. The market won't
meet the price for the quality, variety, and assembly of the components
required. You'd have to charge several grand for one with 48 specialized
connectors and 6 breakout boxes.

I'm just looking for a way to speed hifi installation/ modification. Hoping
there's an alternative to crawling around behind someone's tv and
entertainment center for hours...

Oh well.

-Jessop