Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias

Default Philips MX3900D surround system power on problem

I'm too
cheap to send it to a repair shop.

Just about says it all. Unless this is a common problem with discussions etc
going on out there, you're probably unlikely to be able to repair it
yourself.

Maybe time for a new unit - hopefully not a Philips.

For Surround receivers I recommend Yamaha, Sony, Denon, and Onkyo.

Mark Z.

Cooper wrote:
My surround system just started to have a problem. The standby/on
switch flickers between a green "on" light and a red
"standbylight" and won't power up. I downloaded the
service manual, but I can't even get into the diagnostics program.
I'm not sure what to do. I've searched the net quite a bit and found
that other people have had the same problem with this unit. I'm too
cheap to send it to a repair shop. Can anyone recommend a website or
resource to help diagnose the problem?

Thanks