Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Musing if turning well is a lack of failure or a hope for glory.

On 2 Feb 2006 21:15:40 -0800, wrote:

Darrell Feltmate wrote:

One of the things this thread demonstrates, I believe, is the
individual
approaches we have to the way we turn. I think we are, as a group,
better
for it. At least I am having fun. :-) Me and Monty Python, in search of
the
holy grail.

I couldn't agree more. This is my fun time, my enjoyment. If I had to
rely on turning for a living, I would starve to death, and that
certainly would be no fun.

You know Darrell, you may have given the inspiration I need to whack a
bowl in half;

"Sweet Concord, you shall not have died in vain!!"

Robert

before you cut it in half, bore a couple of 3/4" or 1" holes in the bottom, one
on each side of where you plan to cut..
if you're gonna cut a bowl in half, might as well get turn some handles and have
a couple of scoops..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing