Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Grumbine

Default Kel Centre Saver

I need to do something like that - make a collar that is, not a better
idiot! I made one out of tape for the tool rest when I was centering up my
laser rig a few weeks ago. You can imagine that while it was accurate, it
was not durable. I should probably make a bunch of collars, since each one
is going to be just a little different than the one next to it. Good idea
Robo. Thanks for passing it on.

--
Bill

Bill Grumbine
www.wonderfulwood.com
www.enter.net/~ultradad

"robo hippy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bill,
In order to keep the tool rest from slipping a bit, I made a slip
collar (end grain cocobolo) that goes around the tool post between the
banjo and the bottom of the tool rest This will keep the rest at
proper height and it will not slip. Also there is the added advantage
of making height setting idiot proof. Yes, I know, if you invent
something that is idiot proof, someone else will invent a better idiot.
(I don;t know whose quote that is, but it is great).
robo hippy