Posted to rec.woodworking

Default BT3100 saw - reasons not to buy one ?

Look at it this way, if you buy a brand new fully loaded car and then
try to tow an 6000lb trailer then don't bitch when the transmission
breaks.

Just look at it; it is a toy. "Will you mind spending over $3000 for a
transmission once in a while?" Geez.

Of course, using your logic, for the price of the transmission you
could have bought an 10 year old base model truck that would tow this
trailer admirably.

The point I'm making, of course, is that the choice should be made
based the intended application and desired features. The BT has a rich
set of features that make it safe, easy to use and very accurate at an
excellent price point. It is most definately intended for light use and
as Tom points out he is most definately a "home boy". If this fits the
requirements I don't see what the problem is.

Oh, and by the way, if you don't like the saw you can dismantle it and
sell it as spares and recoup most, if not all, of your original
purchase price. Now try doing that with a Unisaw!