Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Totally OT - Motorhome holidays

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:25:21 +0000 (UTC), "John"
wrote:

|SWMBO likes the idea of touring Canada next year (2007) in a motorhome, with
|our 2 kids who will be 5 & 7 then. Has anybody here ever done it and if so
|could you point me in the direction of some information. I have 'Googled'
|but this seems to bring up web sites selling holidays. I am after something
|like a forum giving advice and peoples experiences etc.
|
|Sorry to be OT but I cannot seem to find a relevant newsgroup on my server.

Got a Fly Drive US style camper in California some years ago.
Fabulous holiday of a lifetime.

A few warnings they are *big*, try driving something big in the UK before
you go.
We were experienced campers, which helped a lot.
Beware the mileage limitations, Canada is *big*.
Take the collision damage waver option you are driving on the wrong side of
the road. I went too near to some fences.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Please quote, with quote
character, previous post sniped to only the bit you are replying to.