Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
Jasen Betts

Default shielding rca/component video

On 2006-02-01, J notanymore wrote:
Greetings!

I'm building a snake box for my rca gear. I'm going from rca female on the
box to a multi cable and probably back again and I can use a panel-mount
rca, solder a shielded (or unshielded?) wire to an output connector (below)
(db 25).

What about a Double shielded twisted pair DB25? if not please recommend an
available cable/connector.

why not use a SCART plug?

If I use plain unshielded cable inside the (metal) box, could I run into
problems?

Do I have to worry about shielding, say, composite video from component or
audio (-10 or +4) inside the box?

What do you think my distance limitations will be for component video,
composite, -10/+4 audio, digital coax, svideo on the DB25 cable??

how fast is a car with 4 wheels?

Bye.
Jasen