Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

Default Ping Mac Davis ! Shopsmith arbor diameterG.

this is all pretty interesting - What I'm trying to figure out is
whether there is a a variation in size of the spindles - I can
certainly adopt a more precise way of drilling - I've got a 39/64
drill ready to go this weekend, but if there is variation in the
spindle size, then what is really needed is something that can
compress against the 5/8 shaft - maybe something undersized but split.
If all the shafts are pretty close to the same, then it's a simple
machining problem.

The use of beer can shims does have one significant advantage, I
should point out - it provides positive justificaiton for the need for
more beer.

bill n

Lyndell.. everything that I've bought for the shopsmith has been 5/8" and it's
all fit well, including the beall buffing system...

wow.. my machine must be almost new... I bought it in 81... *g*
Mac

Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com