Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default When is a digital/analogue phone not a digital/anaalogue phone?

Sparks wrote:
wrote

snip

Thanks for crediting me with a little intelligence Saprks (No more than
i'd expect of you).

Not sure if that was a real thanks, or sarcasm!?!

It was real, I was aware it could be taken as sarcasm, but hoped the
tone of the rest of the message would have conveyed my good intent.

Your reply to my original message was much more useful than the
messsage whose subliminal message seemed to be "if you aren't a
"Telecom CORGI" then back off and
allow them through.

Then again, perhaps I misinterpreted that post, again it could be read
either way.

I did also re-post a slightly modifed version of the original post in
uk.telecom, but only got one reply from someone who was undoubtedly
very knowledegable, but seemed to have got the wrong idea of what I was
trying to do and appeared to have missed some info that I thought was
fairly obvious in my post.

Oh well, the wonders of modern communication.

Thanks again Sparks.