Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Steel Lintel in Brick?

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
No matter how conscientious you are about painting that lintel, it will
eventually rust. The rust expands, the mortar cracks - I'm sure you've
seen it a million times. Since you're doing it yourself and there's a
potential elimination of maintenance, have you looked into a stainless
steel lintel? It doesn't sound like you'd need a lot, so the premium
would probably be under a $100. Is it worth it to you?

Hmmm, hadn't thought about stainless. I purchased just the standard angle
already. We see very little moisure here in NM but I may have to make some
phone calls tomorrow to see what a stainless piece will cost. Thanks for
the idea!
Cheers,
cc